Sunday, October 1, 2017

Great Blue Hill

It's definitely not a 4000 footer, in fact it's a 635 footer, but that's all we have here in Boston. It's only like 10 minutes from where my mom is living now, and I don't know why I haven't gone there before. It took me about an hour to do a loop hike there, which isn't bad. There's supposed to be a view, but I didn't see it. I was a little confused about the map because I thought this one elevation number was on the top, but actually on reflection it wasn't. So, when I was at the top I thought there was another peek nearby. Nope. Next time.  Anyhow, it was getting dark and I didn't have my headlamp or really any proper hiking supplies, so I had to go back down. But, will def plan on it again!

After hiking I went to dig the potatoes out of my garden. I had put some plastic planters with no bottoms in the garden with dirt/potatoes this summer after watching a youtube. Bad idea. When I pulled them out they were full of really gross bugs. I couldn't decide if I should still eat the potatoes, which seem to have unbroken skin. So I through them in a bag to think about. I didn't want to leave the gross buggy dirt in my garden, so I shoveled it into a recycling bag and decided I would throw it out in the dumpster. It was so heavy! And then I was driving home with a bag of buggy dirt in the back of my car. I think I annoyed a few people behind me because I was like "no sudden moves" I did not want that to tip over!

No comments:

Post a Comment