Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I'm back!!

I was having this awful neck pain, every day I was waking up with a headache. And my neck didn't turn as well as it used to. I decided I didn't want a repeat of the tendon thing, where it never really healed right, so I took a couple weeks off crossfit. I also got a massage and did this neck yoga. So, that's my excuse for no crossfit. It was super hot out on my birthday, like 95! So, I decided it wasn't a long hike day. My plan was to go on Sunday instead, but then I wound up walking around the city with a friend, playing Pokemon Go. A little lame in some ways, but on the other hand we did walk over 8 miles according to my fitbit, and it was pretty fun!  At one point we were walking through the Boston Common and there were so many people outside playing that I heard a dad say to his daughter "you really have to watch where you are going because everyone is playing Pokemon, and they aren't paying attention." We played until our phone batteries died!

The next day I went on a Pokemon Go walk, and then wound up sitting below this hot spot. There were two guys there initially, then this other guy came by - all like 20 somethings. Ya, and me. So, the last guy to arrive sits next to me, and we are just chatting about Pokemon. Next thing I know, he's flirting with me! I mean, he could have been my child!! You catch Pokemon in balls, and that was a whole conversation. And then he was like "I like wine. Do you like wine? I have some wine at home..." and he invited me to his place! I declined because, well, I'm not a pedophile. Still, it was a nice ego boost. And a good idea for meeting boys. Except that not as many people are playing any more, including me.

This past weekend my friend from Mexico and her daughter were here. We were total tourists for the day on Monday - we did a duck boat ride, walked around on Newbury Street, and ate lobster at the barking crab. It was so fun!  They also went to the new Harry Potter book release party in Harvard Square (Hogwarts Square for the evening). I had a bachelorette party to go to so I couldn't go - I'm too old for bachelorette parties, but my friend invited me and I wanted her to feel the love, so I went. Now, though, back to reality....

It was a tough WOD for the first day back - a benchmark one named Kelly. I had to scale seriously. I thought that my legs were going stop working.
Kelly: 5 rounds (I only did 4)
400 meter run
30 box jumps (I did 20 box steps)
30 wall balls (I did 20)
My time: 23 min, 23 sec

My dean friend was there, so I really wanted to be impressive, but I wasn't. I didn't want to be impressive so badly that I was ready to hurt myself again. That would suck!

I'm midway through a big paper for this class I'm taking. It's a summer class, so it's shorter than the regular classes. They are usually 12 weeks, but this one is only 8. And the big project is due after week 6. It's a bummer now, but when I have a full month off I'm going to dig it, so I don't mind too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment