Thursday, August 4, 2016

Dean sweat

Today's WOD wasn't too bad, lots of rowing, but I like rowing. At least, in theory. We started with back squats and I got up to 90 pounds 3 times. I thought I could do more, but then I remembered that we had 50 thrusters in the WOD, and decided to stick to 90 pounds. I think that could be a new record for me, though I would have to check.

WOD:
1000 meter row
25 thrusters (I lifted 35 pounds)
50 kettle bell swings (I used the smallest one)
25 thrusters
1000 meter row
my time: 18:35

By the last of the thrusters I was really struggling. I started the first round of thrusters by doing 10, then 8 then 7. On the second round I did 5 sets of 5.

My dean friend was there. It is a little hard to feel like someone is totally deanly when they are wearing hokey striped shorts and US flag socks. We high fived at the end of the WOD and I got some dean sweat on me. He should totally accept my students now, right?

I'm thinking that I may do a hike this Saturday - it's looking like a nice day, and it's been a while. I'm thinking about Cannon Mtn. It's supposed to have an amazing view. Of course, it also has a tram, so it will be full of people in flip flops and high heals...

The final project is progressing. Once this is done I will only have two more discussion board postings and the class will be finished. And then, no more summer classes. Ever. They suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment