Wednesday, August 10, 2016

shopping

Didn't get to hike last weekend again! It was rainy and there were thunderstorms predicted in NH. Not fun hiking weather. Instead of climbing a 4000 footer I sat on my butt on the couch all day and did nothing. Not totally nothing - I finished my final project for class pretty much, and did laundry, caught Pokemon... It's such a relief to have the class pretty much done, and the next one doesn't start until Sept 6! I was hoping to hike this weekend, but it's supposed to rain again :(  I'm on staycation after that, so I will def get some hiking in then. Maybe the Owl, since I'm so obsessed with it.

I went to Crossfit today - it was so humid in the box that we were all sweating like pigs before the warmup! Daniella taught, which meant a killer warm up, too. We did tabata jump rope and abs. Ouch. Then we did front squats. I got up to 85 pounds! So - we started at 65 pounds, and then everyone did 85 for the second set of three lifts. And then I just stayed there for the rest of the lifting. So, I front squatted 85 pounds 12 times, but probably 9 good ones. Not bad for me!

WOD: AMRAP 14 minutes
15 toes to bar
20 wall balls
60 double unders (I did singles)
I either did 3 or 4 rounds, and I totally forgot which. I think it was 4, but I could be wrong.

I took my mom shopping on Sunday. It actually wasn't that bad. She got new shoes at New Balance Outlet - this really sweet kid helped her find what she wanted. It's one of those stores where you just find it yourself and try it on, but he found the shoes for her, told her all about them, and helped her put them on and off. He had all these big tattoos and looked all tough, but looks are deceiving. My mom got a pair of pinkish shoes, and she bought me these retro blue ones that you can't use for running but are super cute! And, she got me some shorts and a tank, and some socks. Ironic that now that I can finally buy my own she decided she will treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment