Sunday, July 17, 2016

Summer in the City

I wound up doing crossfit only once last week. On the other hand, I went climbing three times. My plan was to go to crossfit after climbing on Saturday, but it was 92 degrees and humid out, and the WOD had over a mile of running, and was a partner workout. I just couldn't bring myself to do it! I bet it was like 100 degrees in the box. Today, I didn't want to go, but I had no excuse. It's only in the mid-80's. And, I want to do a long hike next weekend, so I have to get my crossfits done.

We started with push jerks. I was able to get a little higher than push presses - 75 pounds 4 times. But then that was way too much and I bobbled. I went back down to 70 pounds for the last set.

WOD: score = total moves + calories on bike
3 minutes: sit ups
2 minutes: goblet lunges (I used the smallest kettle bell)
1 minute: assault bike
1 minute rest
3 minutes: goblet lunges
2 minutes: assault bike
1 minute: sit ups
1 minute rest
3 minutes: assault bike
2 minutes: sit ups
1 minute: goblet lunges
my score: 275

The goblet lunges are what killed me. My legs felt like jello by the end. For some reason I have this image of Harry Potter in my head for goblet lunges - maybe it's because of The Goblet of Fire? Legs are on fire doing the lunges. I hate them!

Saturday is my birthday! I will be entering into my 50th year. Wow. I'm planning Owl's Head. Given my obsession with it, and uncertainty that I can actually do it, it seems like a good challenge to myself. I'm suspicious that I will question my judgement at least once on the hike. Of course, if it's 95 degrees, I'm going to revise.


No comments:

Post a Comment