Saturday, August 13, 2016

Endurance

Today's WOD was listed as "endurance" on the calendar. It kicked my butt!
WOD: 3 rounds
20 power cleans (I lifted 55 pounds)
20 toes to bar (I didn't even bother kicking my feet up)
30 burpees (yuck)
30 kettlebell swings (I used the second smallest the first round, then the smallest)
60 double unders (I did singles)
2 minute rest

I felt pretty good about lifting 55 pounds, but I gotta say that it may have hurt me in the rest of the WOD. My toes to bar were pretty awful, and I didn't bother going all the way down on my burpees for the second round. By the end I wanted to throw up, so I guess I tested my endurance.

It's summer olympic time. Wow, those athletes are amazing. I was watching the men run the 400 meter - it takes them less than 50 seconds!  I think it takes me twice that long. They just had women's steeple chase - it's like hurdles, but the hurdles don't fall down if you make it over. In steeple chase the hurdles don't move so you fall over. And, one of them has a big puddle after it, so their shoes get wet! I can't wait to see weight lifting, and what they lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment