Saturday, July 2, 2016

Lumberjack 20

Today was a hero WOD, named for a group of crossfitters from Lumberjack Crossfit who were killed by a terrorist at Ft. Hood. They must have been a pretty hard core group, because the workout kicked my butt!

WOD:
20 Deadlifts (I lifted 95 pounds)
400 meter run
20 kettle bell swings (I used the second smallest!)
400 meter run
20 squats (meant to be OH squats, but those hurt my shoulder. I lifted 45 pounds)
400 meter run
20 burpees (yuck)
400 meter run
20 pull-ups (I used a band but felt OK about my kipping swing)
400 meter run
20 box jumps (I stepped)
400 meter run
20 dumb bell squat cleans (I used the smallest)
400 meter run
My time: 34 min 10 sec

We ran 400 meters in the warm up, so in total there was about 2 miles of running for the day!

After there were some reps from Reebok with samples of the not-yet-released crossfit shoes. Some of the guys who tried them on said they were awesome. I'm not getting more, though. I kind of don't really like mine (I wore my running shoes today). They also had some delicious food - a salad with brussel sprouts, beets, squash and cheese (and kale, but ewww). I have to think about trying new salad ideas - it was so good!  And they had burgers. Yum.

After I went to the garden and weeded my plot and around the borders. This one woman there has these amazing raspberry bushes and she lets us have as many as we want! She was there today and so I felt like I could really eat them like a pig because she was egging me on.  I have a bunch of tomatoes this year, the sungolds are starting to get ripe!  And, so far, the cucumber and mini pumpkins are growing well/knock wood. I got powdery mildew resistant plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment