Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Deadlifted more than my weight!!

I definitely overdid it on the Flume/Liberty hike. I got a migraine on Sunday and wasn't really feeling well on Monday. Even though I was feeling kind of crappy on Monday, it was July 4 and so I had to go to the fireworks. I mean, what's the point in living in 500 square feet 3 miles away from nationally televised fireworks if you don't go?  Might as well live in Schenectady and have a house. I regretted it on Tuesday, though, because I was feeling like crap, and then I decided to stay home today. I still got work done, but I also got to sleep in more and chill out. By evening I was feeling better and decided that the WOD actually didn't look too bad, and so I should go do it.

First we did deadlifts. We were supposed to do five sets of three, but I started really light and needed to lift more to get higher. I started at like 65 pounds, and then added 20 more, then another 10, and so on, all the way up to 165!!  I lifted 165 three times, it was heavy. But I was pretty happy with myself :)

WOD: Unbroken - 3 sets
20 kettlebell swings (I used the second lightest)
40 double unders (I did 80 singles)
20 thrusters (I lifted 35 pounds)
Sets are meant to be done unbroken. If you break the set up, you have to either start again or run 100 meters.  I did the kettle bell swings clean every time. The jump roping I did the first and third fine. The second I got tripped up on like the 5th jump, and so I started again. The thrusters I couldn't do clean even once. The first time I thought I would try to, but I got to 11 and knew I couldn't make it, so I ran the 100 meters. The other two times I split it up into 10 and 10, with a planned run in the middle.

My time: 14 min 8 sec. I wasn't last at all! But only because there were two people who were totally new to crossfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment