Thursday, February 18, 2016

Rowing!

Today's workout at Crossfit was uber row-y, but that's cool with me. It seems to be the one thing that I'm any good at. Sometimes I think I should start rowing for real on the Charles, but then I get a grip.

It was a long one:
WOD:
@ 0:00
1000 meters of rowing (I did 900 cause Coach said to)
50 sit ups
@ 7:00
1000 meters of rowing (I did 800 cause Coach said to)
40 Power snatches (I did 30 at 35 pounds)
@ 15:00
1000 meters of rowing (I did 800 cause Coach said to)
30 toes to bar (I did 30 knees to chest)
@ 22:00
1000 meters of rowing (I did 800 cause Coach said to)
20 Overhead squats

The whole thing was a little confusing to me. But, in the end I figured out that I rowed for about 15 minutes. I had about 30 -45 seconds to rest at the end of each round. And my form was pretty crappy, except for the sit-ups which I could do.

I was pretty psyched because I wasn't last!

Last night I went to the Banff Film Festival. There were some really amazing athletes in the movies - my favorite was about this photographer who wanted to take a photo of skiers going past a solar eclipse. The eclipse was up in Svalbard, which is in the arctic circle. The photography was so amazing, the skiers were awesome, the story was suspenseful (a little), there were polar bears, and a lot of snow. Plus, all the guys in the movie were characters. After the festival, I was like "I'm sore after 60 burpees, IDK how they can do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment