Thursday, December 3, 2015

Dirty 30

I read today's WOD and knew I couldn't do it, which was a bummer because it was my day to go. Then I saw the modification for wimps like me, and was like, that will work. It was still evil.

WOD Dirty 30 (the real one was call Filthy 50)
30 Box Jumps
30 Jumping pull-ups
30 Kettlebell swings
30 walking lunges
30 knees to elbows
30 bench press (I did 33 pounds)
30 back extensions
30 Wall balls
30 burpees
30 double unders (I did 60 regular jumps)
My time: 23:10

Modifications: I was going to do three green stools but then realized that was the same as a box, and freaked out. I did 20 jumps on 2 green stools and 10 step ups on a box. Maybe next time I'll get the box.  Jumping pull ups I really did! Because, you get to jump, it's legs not arms. I used the smallest kettle bell. I actually got my knees to my elbows about 10 times! The rest of the times they were somewhere in the area of my forearms. My burpees sucked and I seriously considered stopping at 10, then 15 then 20, but I did them all. I didn't even bother trying double unders, just jumped. I'm actually getting pretty good at that.

This weekend I'm going to stay at a cabin in the White mountains with a meet-up group. We're hiking Mt. Hedgehog on Saturday. I could do a 4000 footer on Sunday, but probably I'll just do this other hike that's lower and has a better view and a waterfall.  Now I have to bake pie and cookies for the weekend. People to eat my cooking!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment