Monday, December 14, 2015

Box Fall Overs

Today was the day to try the real box in box jumps. I was such a total wimp about it, I made one of the coaches hold my hand when I did it. I bet he was thinking "they don't pay me enough for this." I did actually do a real box jump on the real box! With the coach holding my hand. But just because if I hadn't done it after that it would have been a new low moment for me in Crossfit.

We started our real workout with front squats, you were supposed to get to your weight and then do four sets of 5 reps. I wound up doing the first set of 5 at 75 and then the next 3 sets at 70. I can't remember what I've lifted before, if that's more or less. To be honest, my squats were still sore from Saturday's wall balls.

WOD:
50 calories rowing
30 box jump over (I used two green stools because the coach wasn't there to hold my hand)
60 kettlebell swings (I did the smallest size kettle bell)
30 box jump overs
50 calories rowing
My time 16 min 32 sec (but some of that was knee pain time)

Everything was going in it's usual way, with me dead last, doing box jump overs with two green stools (I think 16 inches - landing on them and then jumping off) while some of the guys were actually jumping over 24 inch stools without actually landing on them at all! On box jump #30 of the first round I didn't jump high enough, caught my foot on the stool, and fell with a very loud THUMP. Not only was it embarrassing, but also painful. I had to take like 20 or 30 seconds to shake it off. Needless to say, my second round of jump overs were step overs. Now I have a bag of frozen peas on my knee. I think it may look kind of grim tomorrow. If so, I'll post a pic!  People like blogs that have pictures . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment