Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Staycation!

Deadlifting my weight went straight to my head. Today we were doing thrusters which I can't lift my body weight. In fact, when doing 42 of them (or 36 which is what I did), I can only do 35 pounds well. The coach was helping me change the weights and was like "remember white for light" on thrusters because the 10 pound weights have white marks on them. I nodded and made a "mmm" sort of noise - I didn't want to ruin the moment by telling him the only reason I knew which one was a thruster was because I had googled it before going to class.

WOD:
50 pullups (I did 25 with a band. I actually really did them, sort of because I think I'm getting the hang of them a little, and sort of because I found a new band that was super springy).
run 400 meters (I passed someone during this!!)
21 thrusters (I did 15. 3 at 50 pounds and 12 at 45 pounds.)
run 800 meters (10 min mile!)
21 thrusters (I did 21 with 35 pounds)
run 400 meters
50 pullups (again, 25. Last.)
20 minutes, 45 seconds.

I went to yoga yesterday, really good class, but when we were supposed to do Child's Pose I realized how BIG the bump on my knee from the Great Box Jump Fail was! I couldn't do it. Sad, I love Child's Pose.

I'm now on vacation until January 4. Ten days, no work! But, my mom is moving here. A new phase in life (who are we kidding, my sister's going to do all the work.) She's very obsessed about her cat during the move, so my job will be to dope up the cat and bring it to the new place before the movers arrive. I'm pretty psyched about that role, driving 3 hours with a crying cat sounds better than the move. It's going to be weird when the house is sold - it was the house I grew up in. Strange to have someone else living there.

PS. I just realized that after January 1 the place will be full of people who are much slower than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment