Wednesday, December 9, 2015

9 minute mile!

Another WOD with lots of running. I'm starting to get how they go - I deliberately start at the back of the pack because I can keep up for the first 200 meters, and then I fall back. We ran 800 meters 3 times (plus 500 meters for the warm up). The first time we all started together, I was dead last at the end, by a long shot. When I looked at my time, though, it was exactly a 9 minute mile!  For a half a mile - but still I'll take it! The second and third rounds were each about a 10 minute mile I think, my brain was a little fuzzier with exhaustion by that point, so I can't be sure.

WOD:
800 meter run
10 Power Snatches (I did 35 pounds)
20 pushups (I used a band to assist)
10 back squats (again 35 pounds)
3 rope climbs (didn't even try, did the thing where you drop down to the ground and then pull up with the rope.)
Rest 3 minutes, repeat 2 times (I totally cheated and only rested 2.5 minutes)
My time was 34 min 38 seconds.

All this crossfit has definitely helped my hiking - I totally rocked it up the mountain this weekend, I was in the front of the pack (though some people were complaining that we were moving slowly.) The weekend away was fine, it seemed like a lot of the people already knew each other, they were very nice though. There was a conversation about where they were when JFK was killed, I felt young! I felt like I made a good effort to go outside my comfort zone :)  There was no heat and the beds were just wood slabs, so I was cold and smelly by the end (no showers either). I was kind of glad to get home and sit on my soft warm couch with the cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment