Sunday, April 5, 2015

Spring!

Signs of spring are popping up!  It's hard to believe after this winter, I thought it would never come.  But, there are buds on some of the trees, and little flowers poking out.  And, crazy enough, most of the snow is gone.  Even the cars in Back Bay are pretty much clear, I never thought that would happen.

Today's the last day of staycation, sadly.  I wasn't feeling so great for the last couple days, I didn't leave my place yesterday, just spent pretty much all day on the couch reading a book.  And finished grouting my shower :)  Can't wait to use it again... baths are nice, but kind of inconvenient.  So, today I really wanted to get in a run to end staycation well.  It's pretty warm out, like 45 degrees, but super windy.  I was considering the gym, due to the wind, but then decided to go outside.  I've been planning this new route by the Mystic River, there's a bike/walking path there that's wood and gravel, so easier on the knees.  Of course it's been under snow, but I figured now it would be clear.  Parking at the cemetery in Somerville I was able to make it pretty much a perfect 5K, though I could have run over the river and on the other side to make it longer.

Good run today!  Slow, like an 11 min mile, but I blame the wind in part for that.  I ran for a total of 35 minutes, 3.17 ish miles.  It felt good, not like I particularly wanted to keep on running, but not like I wanted to curl up and die.  I would definitely run there again, pretty flat, easy on the knees, nice scenery (though not as good as the Charles), and lots of different options for length.  Hopefully the start of getting back into a regular routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment