Thursday, April 23, 2015

Brrrrrr...

Cold and windy today, I so didn't want to go for a run.  I put on my running clothes at work and walked out to the parking garage and was so cold, I thought it would be miserable to go for a run.  I decided I could wait until tomorrow, but then I was all dressed for it, and told myself that I could just do a short run.  I parked over by MIT.  My parking karma was in overdrive and I got a spot on Mass Ave, not too far from the bridge, so I did the loop from MIT, over the Mass Ave bridge, up to the Longfellow and back.  It was freezing on the bridges!  There was a pretty good wind, which was awesome as I was running east, because it was at my back helping me out.

Sadly, just as I was at the furthest point (of course) I started getting cramps.  This time I actually decided to stop and walk before I got to the point where I wanted to curl up in a ball on the sidewalk. Novel!  I walked for about a third of a mile, on the Longfellow Bridge (yes, the uphill part) until I felt better, and then ran again.  Total running was just under 5 K in 33 min and 4 sec which is about a 10 min 40 sec mile.  Other than the cramps it was fine.  The sun was setting and the city looked amazing!  So glad for spring.

I dropped the one class today.  It will take me an extra year, but whatever.  I couldn't deal with the awful group that I was assigned, and the professor sucked.  Plus, I want to be able to enjoy life, and this was getting in the way.  I think this will be a good way to learn new things and expand my horizons without over stressing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment