Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Trail Run

It's a perfect day out for Veteran's Day, so I decided a trail run was in order.  Seemed like a good way to start Running Year Three, and a good Machu Picchu training idea for next summer.  I went to the Middlesex Fells, determined not to get lost.  Well, I sort of didn't get lost, though I don't totally know where I was.  I had my Fitbit on, and it thinks I went about 5 miles in total, though I only ran for the first 35 minutes, then I walked on the Skyline Trail (so I could enjoy it a little more).  I did manage to find my way around for the most part, and I didn't run into anyone who was naked, or peeing while holding a cigarette (I will charitably assume that's what I ran into before).  I only asked for directions twice.  I have absolutely no idea how far I ran - I tried to figure it out on Map My Run, and really couldn't.

Trail running was not bad.  It's easier on a wider trail.  The downhills are hardest, especially with the leaves on the ground.  There's a trail running class through Meetup that I may try, the guy who leads it works at LL Bean, so it's really a Bean trail running class.

This year has been an awesome fall foliage year.  So nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment