Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Early Runaversary

The new running tights and sports bras came today (exciting!) AND I ate three slices of pizza for lunch. Plus on Friday I want to go climbing with a meet-up group, and I learned the hard way that work + running + climbing = too much.  So, I decided to celebrate my 3rd runaversary a few days early.  I feel a little funny about it, but it's not like I'm not running or that running knows that I'm cheating on it or would care if it did.  In fact, it's extra hard core, because I ran two days in a row!

I wore my new running tights, sports bra, my reversible Athleta top with the thumb holes, my new running shoes, and my new florescent running vest because it was dark.  I also had my iPod shuffle and my running watch.  Holy crap I've spent a lot of money in the last two years!  I hope running appreciates it, but I'm suspicious it would be perfectly happy with Target sweats and a tshirt.

I told myself that because it was two days in a row I could just do an easy, short route from home.  But then once I was going I did my regular 5K.  I actually did it pretty fast for me, 31 min and 7 sec, but I did have to wait a few seconds to cross the street at one point.  That's a 10 minute 6 second mile!  Go me!!  To think two years ago I could run for only 2 minutes at a time, and I thought 3 minutes might kill me.  I can't believe I will be headed into year three, still running.

I'm really happy that I did manage to meet all my one year runaversary goals!  I ran two 5K's and a 10K.  Although I do seem to have spent a lot of money on cute running clothes, I have balanced it out by remaining a member of Planet Fitness (now Assembly Sports Club which = more florescent Planet Fitness) which is free with my health insurance.  I'm definitely going to try to do the Tufts 10K again because it was pretty great.  I'd also like to do the Ras na hEireann again in March since I've done it for two years in a row.  My one goal for this year is to run with one of the Somerville running clubs, at least 5 times.  I have wanted to do that, but I'm too chicken shit.  Now it's in writing, I'm gonna have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment