Sunday, November 23, 2014

Stadiums

I was telling my friend Kerry about my step running experience, and she said something about "just thinking about running stadiums in my mind is hard core."  Of course, all I got from that was "oh, they're called Stadiums, huh?"  She does Crossfit, so she knows.  So, I'm going with Stadiums from now on.

Yesterday I tried to go back to Harvard to run more Stadiums, but it turned out it was the Harvard/Yale game.  Which is like The Biggest Game in Harvard's year.  I think they host every other year, so odds of me trying to go there right as the game was letting out are pretty small.  I actually was a little relieved to beat the odds :)  So, I went back today.  I tried pacing myself a little better, and I got 10 sections in 18 min before I decided to call it quits.  I actually probably could have done one or two more, but I wanted to go downtown and try on some stuff at Patagonia, and I didn't think I would be up for walking if I did more.  And, I felt that adding two was a good accomplishment!  I'm not gonna lie, I was a little tired by the end.  I was standing at the bottom of 7, looking at the number up top like "7, you're mine." Cheezy but effective.

To be clear, I walked all but about two steps.  I ran a couple and was like "that's hard.  Something to work towards."

Then I went to Boston where my Magic Parking Karma somehow failed me.  In the end I parked in the Common Garage and walked to Patagonia.  They have this Base Layer that my friends Greta and Eric have that they love, and I want one.  After trying it on, I want it more!  I finished at Patagonia and decided that I really wanted to just be back at my car, so I ran up Comm Ave.  It was a little less than a mile, I have no idea how long it took.  My tendon is still sore, so that was a good distance, with the Stadiums.  I did do the elliptical last week, which was low impact on the tendon and incredibly dull.  I really hope the tendon gets better.


No comments:

Post a Comment