Sunday, October 26, 2014

New Kicks!

I actually wore out a pair of running shoes and had to buy new ones!  Like, the treads were genuinely looking worn down, not like "I left them at the Pioneer Inn and didn't want to wait until they reached me in the mail."  I went to Marathon Sports on my lunch on Friday.  The sales people there are supposed to be the best; and IDK if that's really true, but the guy really got into watching me walk back and forth, and then brought up one pair of Aasics, one pair of Brooks, and one pair of Saucony's.  After trying all of them on, def liked the Saucony's the best.  They felt like they had more padding on the ball of the foot, and the way they rolled, made me naturally spring forward.  And with my running, I need all the help I can get.  They do have a lot of very bright yellow on them, which I guess will be good for evenings since winter is coming, but not my favorite.  I also finally got a vest thing for running after dark.  Eww, but with the way people drive around here…..

So today I went climbing in the morning and then didn't feel like going anywhere to run.  So, I just did my little 5K here.  It's been ages since I've done it!  The new shoes felt a little funny at first, shorter in the back, maybe less support?  But I like the rock to them.

It's a beautiful fall day out, everyone was outside, enjoying it before winter comes.  Running felt slow and difficult, and when I got back I walked up my street.  But then when I looked at it I went 3.08 miles in 31 min and 49 sec, which is a 10 min 20 sec mile, and it's actually kind of hilly here, so I was running faster than I have been.  Yay me!

In other news, the EdD program sent me a book last week.  I thought it was going to be the Student Handbook, but it turns out that it's Pedagogy of the Oppressed.  The first sentence is "While the problem of humanization has always, from an axiological point of view, been humankind's central problem, it now takes on the character of an inescapable concern."  I don't even know what that means, except that someone needs to lay off the thesaurus.  And frankly, I don't care.  I hope the whole program isn't full of readings like this, because if it is I'm not doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment