Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving

Since next Thursday is Chanukah, and my nephew doesn't like to travel for Thanksgiving weekend, we are having Turkey today, and Thursday will be leftovers and latkes.  Seems like a good way to do it!  I made apple pie (as always) and ginger bread men because I am bribing students who have to come to a stupid meeting into thinking it's a good meeting.  I figure if I give them cookies they won't notice how lame it is.

So anyway, I've been eating a lot of cookies (lots of bribery going on) and I'm shopping for a new car because after trip #9 to the garage, and more $ out than the thing is worth, it still almost overheated on the way home from work!  Granted I was sitting in traffic for about 20 min, but I drive in the city, that happens.  I can't plan every trip around traffic...

Which is all to say that I haven't been exercising enough, and I've been eating too much.  It's so cold and windy out today, there was just no way to run outside.  But, I decided last minute to hit the gym.  I did 30 min on the treadmill, with a 5 min cool down.  5.7 mph for most of the run.  3.1 miles total.  It was really boring.  And then I didn't even lift weights because I have to go eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment