Sunday, September 22, 2013

One Hour (and one second)!

I ran a full hour today!  I can't even believe it.  Go me!  I decided to try the unpaved trail in Bedford, at the end of the Minuteman Bike Path.  (First I stopped at Athleta in the mall and got a totally cute overpriced top and a wrist thing to put my key in when I have no pockets - also cute and overpriced.)  It took me a little while to find the path - I knew where the end of the bike path was, but then it's like a half mile to the trail head.  So, of course I got in my car and drove to it, kind of silly, but that would have added a mile to the run, and on a not too nice road.  Anyhow, the path was totally awesome!!  It was a very packed dirt path, and totally flat.  Not very many people on it, nice scenery, good foliage, and the weather was even perfect.  Cool and a little breeze, but sunny.

I didn't run that fast at all, I think like an 11 minute mile, though I'm not exactly sure how far I ran - I think about 5 1/2 miles.  I finished the run, got out of the woods, and it had been 56 minutes.  I was totally ready to call it quits, even walked in a circle to start cooling down, but then I was like "four minutes, you can do it!"  I think the last 4 minutes were the slowest.  I ran up the road a little, and then back, and then in a couple circles in the parking lot.  My heart wasn't totally in it at the end, prob slowed down my run average.  But a cool down is good at the end.

I stopped running a couple times during the hour (stopped my watch during them).  I crossed two streets where I had to wait for traffic, and one place I couldn't find the path and had to ask these guys.  But I consider that legit.

I was totally starving when I finished, and of course I have no food.  I was going to go to the Bedford Market Basket because it's so much bigger than the Somerville one, but I couldn't even find parking there.  And, I was pretty disgusting looking. Why is it that I'm always the sweatiest on my boobs?  Grose.  Anyhow, I finally went to Wholefoods and got sushi.  And I held my shopping basket in front of my chest, which must have looked funny, but better than boob sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment