Sunday, September 8, 2013

Middlesex Fells

First, exciting news, I have an actual reader!  Hi Kit!!

I decided today to try real trail running and go to the Middlesex Fells to do the Reservoir loop.  It's 5 miles, so I thought it would be a good Sunday Long Run.  Well, not a total success but not a total fail.  I learned that small trails have a lot of big rocks on them and are therefore difficult to run, especially if they go up and down hills.  Which the ones in the Fells do.  I also remembered that I always get lost in the Fells and then wind up in that area with the naked men sunbathing, or coming across a man with his pants around his ankles, smoking a cigarette.  Today I got lost and just came across nice people who gave me directions.  I'm not completely sure where I ran, or how far.  I do know that I ran for about 40 minutes, but I had to walk up a couple hills that were just too steep, and that there were a few times when I gave up on the running due to many rocks.  Still, over 30 min of running, and it was really nice when I was on the bike trail.  It was def slower than road running, but we have already established that I won't be doing Boston Marathon at any time soon, so that's OK.

I think there's a trail at the end of the bike path in Bedford, so I may try that next time - it's 5K each way.

1 comment:

  1. Well I guess I better stop lurking. You should have some more actual readers, TLC. Not sure you're ever going to get me to run, but I always enjoy your writing & sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete