Thursday, September 19, 2013

Boston Common Take 2

I was going to run on the Charles after work because it was so beautiful out - perfect Charles River running weather.  But, there was so much traffic on Mass Ave I couldn't even turn on it, so I decided to try the Common.  I had amazing parking karma, per usual, and it was once again really cool running there.  Of course, I forgot when I parked that the Common is on Beacon Hill, the operant part of that being "hill" and since it's only about a mile and a half around I had to run up the hill twice, which sucked.  I thought about going around the hill the second time, but then pushed myself to do it, and was glad that I had.  It's a little hard to map the trails in the Common because for some reason it thinks some of the paths are one way.  Anyhow, I ran about 2.9 miles in 31 min and 10 sec, which is a little slow - about a 10 min 45 sec mile.  It felt pretty slow when I was running, so that could be right.  Or maybe I ran a tiny bit more...

They are putting up a stage on the Common for Sat - the Boston Ballet is performing for free Sat night.  Of course I'm going, and dragging my sister there.   I just found out about it because I saw banners last time I went.  Prob need to get there early, it looks like a kind of small space.

No comments:

Post a Comment