Saturday, May 4, 2024

Zoe

A couple weeks ago I learned that one of my favorite podcasts, Zoe, has a whole nutrition program that goes along with it. They test your microbiome, glucose levels and blood levels and then help you find a diet that works for your body specifically. I love the science focus in the podcast and so I thought I would try it!

I started the program yesterday - they send you a glucose monitor to wear on your arm, and so of course now I'm checking by glucose levels every 10 seconds. I learned that my fasting glucose level was a little high this morning. For the first day, which I am doing now, you have to eat two disgusting breakfast cookies and then fast for 4 hours (they said the cookies were "delicious" which was my first clue that they were not going to be delicious. Seriously, I had to choke them down.) And, there are two more for lunch - slightly different but I am betting equally disgusting. They also have you send in a sample of your poop and blood. It said to get the stool sample later today, but I had to go this morning, so I sent it in early. I can't just be sitting around for 4 hours waiting! After I took the world's slowest walk to the post office to mail it in because you are also not supposed to exercise, but if I wait until later today the post office will be closed, and it's Saturday. Later today I will do a blood sample, which I'm not excited about.

I'm curious to see what the results will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment