Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Today I am Julie

I've done the triangle swim a couple more times since I last wrote - the water's getting warmer and it's not hard to stay in for 20-30 minutes. When I swam on Sunday it was between 60 and 63, depending on the part of the lake. There were people on the beach and they were sitting on our bench and using our picnic table. Cold water season is coming to an end. It was a good year, except for the whole Memphramagog fiasco, but I'll be back next year!

I've been going to this HIIT class at the Y - well, I've gone twice now. It's pretty good. The coach is 20, but he puts together a good set of exercises. Today we did 2 sets of 4 and 1 set of 3, with each exercise for 45 seconds. The first set was burpees (yuck), weighted lunges and some exercise I can't remember. The second round was push-ups, weighted jumping squats and Russian Deadlifts with kettlebells. And then the third round was leg raises, side arm lifts and heal lifts. There were a few moments when I felt a little like puking, so good workout. 

I missed yoga last Friday and I've been feeling it, so I decided to go to yoga after - the class was a meditative one, so I figured it would be fine. The teacher, though, started taking attendance, and it's such a pain to sign up online that when she called out "Julie!" and looked like she didn't know the woman, and no one answered, I said that was me. It seemed like and easier thing to do. But then of course fricking Julie showed up. I figured a yoga teacher wasn't going to call me out on it, and I lay on the floor and pretended I was meditating, which was effective. The class wasn't even that good, though I did get some stretching in. 

Over the weekend I went climbing with my brother and his partner. I actually did a 5.9+ clean, but just because it was on the slabby wall. I got up a 5.10 on the slabby wall with a few rests, and up a 5.8 and 5.9, but after my arms were killing! It's been three days and they are just starting to feel better. I'm so out of climbing shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment