Sunday, May 26, 2024

Dock to Beach to Dock

This year for Memorial Day weekend I was thinking about a hike, but then I thought about all the bugs and decided that I would do a practice long swim for the landshark next weekend. It's been very busy at the lake, and they are ticketing and towing, so I decided to just park a mile away at joe pizza and bike. But then I couldn't find my bike rack, so I decided to walk instead. It was actually a nice walk, and much less stressful than trying to park. Thumbs up, would definitely do again.

I got to the dock and there were a ton of people there. The club that's across the lake is open now (and they have their slide and high dive out again). After the walk I was pretty hot and got right to the swim. I felt pretty good for the entire swim, I worked on my pull and on my breathing. There were a bunch of boats out there, but I didn't have any issues. And, the water was nice and smooth. My swim cap came off a little on the way to the beach, so I stopped when I got there and fixed it, and then turned around and went back. When I got to the docks it was almost exactly one hour, which is pretty much exactly the same as what I did this weekend last year. Booo. Here I thought I might be getting faster, but turns out that's not the case. Well, at least I'm still swimming.

Last week we did a full moon swim, and I decided to try biking to the lake. It was fun, but also it turns out that 10 miles is kind of a long bike ride. I was so glad I didn't do the marathon when I was thinking about it! Definitely a good way to get to the lake, though on a really hot day it would probably be difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment