Sunday, January 15, 2023

Queen of the Merfolk

Today we had a party at the dock, which I thought was for one member who was visiting for a swim, and for another's birthday. Which it was. But it was also a celebration of me and my 50 days in a row of dipping! It was so sweet, we had cake (which I made and everyone seemed to like. OK, so it had a lot of butter and sugar and a whole tablespoon of vanilla in it, so how could they not?) and there were rice crispee treats. One of my friends made me a sash that says "Queen of the Merfolk - 50 Days" and another made a video. Also, there was a plastic viking hat (which Rufus found scary). We all went for a dip and hung out even though we were freezing. It even snowed a little! 

It's 5 1/2 weeks until the big swim race. I've been working on my form in the pool, and I'm also going to the lake on Tuesdays and doing practice runs. Even though regular swims are so much more time in the water, I'm glad that I'm practicing, because it does need some strategizing. Last week I didn't breathe enough at the start of the swim, this time I'm going to practice more strokes breaths early.

I'm thinking about doing a triathlon now that I can swim! There's one that's for women only and it's .25 miles swimming, 10 miles biking, 5 K running. It's in Sept, so plenty of training time.

No comments:

Post a Comment