Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Water slide

Saturday and Monday nights I went for an evening swim with a few of the merfolk. The air was in the mid-60's and the water around 61-62, which is chilly but becomes mearly "crisp" once you are in. We decided to run down the dock and jump in together, which is fun, but also a little startling. I kind of prefer it, because it gets the hardest part over with, though you can't do it when it's totally freezing because you can have that gasp reflex and drown.

On Saturday we swam out to the first bouy from the sailing club, and then decide to swim a little further. There's a club that's pretty close, and so we decided to swim there. Once we got there, we got out of the water and when down their slide! It was really fun. Then we decided to jump of this platform that they have - I think it's about 12 feet, into the water. When each of us got up there, we were like "that's actually kind of high."  I thought about not jumping, but then was like "just take a step and gravity will take care of it for you." And it was super fun!

Monday night we came back, and did the same thing again! The platform was still a little scary to jump from, but then it was fine.

Today I'm hopefully getting a lyme vaccine! I'm participating in a clinical trial, phase 3, and I have a 50% chance of getting the shot, and 50% of getting placebo. I hope I get the real thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment