Thursday, October 20, 2022

Below 60

Today I had a big swim day, with the Y in the morning, and the lake in the evening. I was working from home today, so I was able to go to hit the Y and get home and only get up about 45 minutes earlier. I had the whole pool to myself! It was nice - I swam for about 20 minutes, according to my fitbit, a 2'45" pace for a total of 1025 meters. I feel like I'm swimming a little slower lately, but that's because I have been focused on my breathing, and looking straight down. Hopefully I will get the hang of it, and it will help me go faster.

After work I met a friend at the lake - we decided to jump in off the dock and swim over to the club and use their slide and dive platform again. The water was 59.2 degrees, which is getting kind of brisk - I didn't really want to put my face in the water for the entire swim, and swimming breast stroke over there felt like forever. It was really fun to go down the slide, and scary to jump off the platform. Swimming back was actually easier; the water was starting to feel not too cold. After we had chocolate and some candy corn, and I headed home to the cats + kittens. 

I've had the kittens for 17 days now. The cats aren't happy about it. They are the cutest things, and I wish I could keep them, but I can't. One of the kitties has had an upset stomach and diarrhea for about a week. I asked the woman at the place that coordinates the fosters what I should do, but she's ignoring me. I tried a kitty anti-diarrheal which didn't seem to work, and now I'm feeding him chicken and rice for his meals. I hope this will help. It seems to be related to when he eats - I imagine that the food changes haven't been so great for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment