Saturday, November 20, 2021

First "Big" Parkour Accident

But fortunately I wasn't hurt too much! After class today I was doing this thing that I always do - climbing on top of a cement post that's about 5 feet tall. I had just gotten my foot on top when somehow my balance got off a little, perhaps I lost focus for a moment? Anyhow, suddenly I lost grip with my hands and was falling backwards off the pole and to the ground where I bumped my head. I feel like when ever you have an accident, time slows a bit as you fall, and this was no exception. When I hit, everything was a little blurry and I was kind of in shock. And then the inevitable circle of people formed around me which was a little embarrassing.  At first my hands felt disconnected from the rest of me, but then after a moment I realized that I was fine. I did tear the elbow of one of my new lululemon shirts, and I've probably worn it only a half dozen times or so, but it's still wearable. After I sat around on the ground for a bit it was clear that I was OK, and so a friend stayed with me to make sure that I remained OK. We went for coffee and I had avocado toast, which is good post-five-foot-fall comfort food. 

Last week I decided that it would be a good idea to get my first shingles and covid booster shots at the same time. It wasn't. I was sick all weekend long with a fever and aches and pains all over my body. Then, on Tuesday I had a pretty direct conversation with my boss, probably because I was feeling a bit run down still. We discussed some of the ways that I feel like my program doesn't really get much love, but I would have liked to have been more tactful than I was, and I got teary, which I would rather not have done. I also would have liked for her to listen more and talk less, but I guess that's not her way. We'll see if any change comes from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment