Sunday, October 31, 2021

Parkour Musings

Happy Halloween, not always the best day for me, but today wasn't a bad one. I thought I would write down some of my fave parkour things I worked on this month to try again. 

I've been improving on my lazy vault, but not so much that I could vault over high things in class today, it just make me feel intimidated. But, in class on Wednesday one of the coaches showed us were you can lazy vault over a rail that has something next to it, like a building, so that you go between the two things - then you have two places to put your hands. Suddenly your lazy vault is two handed, but much easier. I could do it! I think a good way to practice would be to rely less and less on your second hand.

Today we were super mario and jumped off things. The thing that was cool was jumping down from railing on the side of the school, taking a couple steps, jumping up on the planter, then down. It was kind of boop boop boop. Definitely something to work on.

In class last week coach told me I should look more forward and less down while walking on rails. It turns out it does make a difference. I've been practicing.

I'm working on breathing more and being scared of things less, always a work in progress.

I can't believe it's already almost November!

No comments:

Post a Comment