Wednesday, November 24, 2021

30 Day Yoga Challenge

I'm still a bit stiff from the Big Fall, and I'm also a little cranky and blue because it's so dark out. November/December is such a tough time of year! So I decided to try to increase my zen with a 30 day yoga challenge. Of course, I'm using yoga with Adriene, since she has a ton of them, they are just the right tone and pace, and I feel like spending time with her every day for a month will cheer me up. She did one for the new year this year that was themed "breath," and that's the one that I decided to do because everything is better when you focus on breathing. Even if you spend the entire yoga class in child's pose. So far I've done days 1 & 2, which were very nice.

This year Thanksgiving will be in person again; something to be thankful for!  When I went vegetarian I decided that I was still allowed to eat turkey on thanksgiving, and I'm looking forward to my meat. It's been over a year. Hard to believe - sometimes I smell bacon and want some, but otherwise it's been easy. I'm making apple pie and squash, because I have like 10 squashes from my CSA. Fortunately I'm done with the CSA until spring - I need a little break from kale!

I went outside to play with my parkour friends both yesterday and today - it was so fun. We practiced our jumping, walking on rails, played "red light green light" and did some climbing. I purposely went on some high places so that I could challenge my fear of falling. I was still nervous and there were a few things that I didn't do, and for sure I didn't want to land on my butt. There were three kids playing in the park yesterday and they joined us in our parkour games - they were pretty good, too. There mom was like "I just take them to the park and let them run around. I have my health insurance card." 

No comments:

Post a Comment