Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Balboa Twist

I went back to BKBX again for class #3!  I did something to my shoulder, so I wasn't sure it was a good idea, but on the other hand, I really wanted to get a work out in this week, and I'm going climbing with the old people tomorrow, and I wasn't sure I would be into it on Friday. Also, the workout was called "Balboa Twist" which I was thinking related to Bilbao, Spain, but just realized was of course after the movie rocky. And, there was boxing! There were three stations, one that was cardio with an ardyn bike, jumping rope, and then running back and forth with a partner punching a pad. The second station was the heavy ropes - which is something I never did at crossfit, and found was hard. And one with punching bags that you pushed forward and caught from hand to hand, which I couldn't do well because of my shoulder. And the final one where your partner held a pad and you used bands and punched.

It was really fun to punch things, even if we really weren't punching right. I was laughing to myself a little because my partner was this pretty buff guy, but he did not know how to throw a punch. I could have given him a few pointers.

It was a really good workout - according to my heart rate monitor, at one point I was at 102% heart rate, which I don't think is really a thing. I did feel a little bit like puking, but not like dying.

I had my meeting with my interim supervisor. I had been loosing sleep, and having dreams about teeth falling out, about how she was going to "help" me get along more with others, and be more of a team player, and she had apparently forgotten all about it. So, we ended with her saying "you're awesome" and I was like WTF lady??

No comments:

Post a Comment