Thursday, October 17, 2019

BKBX

I went to BKBX with class pass to try their "upscale" program. I was nervous and skeptical before going; I'm usually more of a gritty gym kind of a person, but I have to say I really liked it!  I can see myself going there more often. When I got there, the front desk guy was all friendly (and cute) and showed me around and explained the heart rate monitors that you wear in class. And I didn't mind it! I went to a Foundations - Grip and Rip class, which was a tabata sort of thing, with four rounds at three different stations, and then burpees (why? Why burpees?)

For their classes, everyone wears a heart rate monitor and the results are projected up on this screen. I was about to die according to my monitor for most of the class - I was at like 98% cardio - you should work out at like 85%. But really I was fine.  And, it was kind of cool to try and breathe and watch my heart rate get lower.  My end number was 131 - not completely sure what that means.

For the stations, we had one with weights were we did one hand lifts, one with medicine balls, and one with boxes for box jumps. They have these lovely soft boxes that you wouldn't hit your knee on. But the one I used was like 6 inches, so it wasn't a problem. After each round you had to do 3 burpees and they measured something - efficiency, skill, speed?  IDK, but I hate burpees, and I wound up doing a bunch.

After the class, I got to go to the Recovery Room and sit in this compression leg thing and watch climbing videos while my legs were squeezed. It's supposed to help recovery. I'll be interested to see if it works. We did so many squats, I'm sure my legs will be killing me.

Some of the classes include the bouldering wall. Definitely will do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment