Monday, January 7, 2019

First day at the new job!

At one point today it hit me that this was my new reality, I have a new job.  Today was good, a little overwhelming, a lot of people, but everyone seemed friendly and like they enjoy working there and with each other.  Hopefully I'm going to like the new position!

One really good sign - I was debating if I should buy Hillary, Warren and RBG action figures for work, because they are all women's empowerment, and they're kind of fun.  But, they are action figures.  But then I decided to just go for it!  And I got them.  Well, today I noticed my new boss has the Hillary figure!!  I was totally psyched!  And, when I told her that I had an RBJ she went on line to order one :)

Everyone seems to work really flexible hours, which is also great because it's a kind of long commute  and I am thinking I will try to go in early and leave early, so I'm not sitting in traffic as much. We'll see, me and mornings aren't such a great match.

Anyhow, this isn't a new job blog, it's an exercise blog - this past weekend, to distract myself from being nervous about the new job, I went to NH.  My plan was to join an old people's meet up and hike Mt. Avalon and butt sled down.  It sounded really awesome.  I had a moment of complete flakiness and booked a bed at the Highland Center, instead of the Greta and Eric Inn.  And then, the day I was supposed to go, I was looking at directions for the hike, and saw that they postponed it!!  It must have been due to weather - it was cold and windy in the mountains.  I was so pissed - it's the White Mountains in January - of course it would be cold and windy!!  I had already paid for the hotel, so I was reluctant to cancel, so I decided to look around for other things to do (while I think the old people are fuddy duddies for not hiking, soloing would be too much - it's dangerous up there in the winter).  Well, I found one of the ski resorts was offering a free lesson, equipment rental, and lift pass for the bunny slopes for the day!!  So, I went skiing.  I have been skiing about a dozen times, mostly in high school, and once in my 20's.  So, it's been a long long time, and I was never any good.  But, oh my goodness was it fun!  I totally want to go again.  Maybe in the blue hills, where it's not too steep?

No comments:

Post a Comment