Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Back to Crossfit

Vacations really over - I went back to crossfit on Friday. It was such a discouraging workout that apparently I didn't feel like blogging about it. Today wasn't much more stellar. Six weeks off really does lead to a decline in muscle.

Today we did deadlifts, 4 sets of 5. I got up to 105 pounds, which was OK I guess, but I've definitely lifted more.

WOD: 15-12-9-12-15
kettlebell swings (I used the second smallest for the first set, then the smallest)
box jumps (I jumped like 5 times in total, mostly stepped, even though I had a foam box)
toes to bar (these were just sad)
my time: 14 min

On Friday the workout wasn't that different, though different lifting:
4 sets of 5 strict presses (I got up to 50 pounds)
4 sets of 3 push presses (I got up to 70 pounds)

WOD: 3 rounds
15 back squats (I lifted 45 pounds)
20 toes to bar (again, sad)
25 kettlebell swings (I used the smallest)
my time 12:52

No word yet on what they will be doing with my office. My boss is writing up this proposal that has us having 2 full time people with a "full time staff director" and not expanding our budget. I'm a little worried about the lack of budget increase because if I have to talk to deans and such I need a raise.  And they aren't going to be paying the new person that much, which is a little sad because there are a bunch of people around campus who I was thinking about stealing, but I wouldn't be able to with the salary. No one's going to take a pay cut, I don't think. Oh, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment