Saturday, January 10, 2015

Outdoor run

It's been so cold out, I didn't want to do anything!  Today it was finally nicer outside, it's like 24 degrees out, but sunny so it feels better.  Also, once again I've been shopping, and I bought this hoodie from Patagonia that's super warm and makes me look like a ninja! So, I got to wear that for the first time, which was cool.

The tendon is still tight and every now and then feels a little like "don't push your luck, woman." So, I only ran 2 miles.  It wasn't bad!  I did a somewhat flatter route, from here to Ball Square and back.  I was a little puffy on the slightly hilly parts, but it wasn't bad.  I had a major iPod malfunction, so I'm not sure exactly how long it took because I stopped to fuss with my iPod but didn't stop my watch.  Total distance was 1.97 miles, total time was 21 minutes and 47 seconds, but I bet I was fiddling for almost a minute.  Which actually puts me at my regular pace, even though it felt way slower.

I'm planning a trip to Peru for late summer, hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and then going Iquitos (the largest city in the world that you can't drive to) and from there up the Amazon river 5 hours to a tributary to stay at a jungle lodge for a week.  I'm so psyched about it!  It's gonna cost a fortune, though, so no more Athleta/Patagonia clothes for me for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment