Sunday, January 18, 2015

Forgot to Blog!

Yesterday I did a short run at the gym, it was freezing out and I wanted to get some running in, so I decided that the gym was the way to go. I did 21 min on the treadmill, still slow, 5.5 mph for most of the run, for a total of about 2.3 miles. I was breathing pretty hard, I'm not gonna lie! In fact, I had it up at 5.7 for part of the run and that was killing me, so I had to move it down.  At least I could run, even if it was slower.  My tendon is still there, so I'm trying to increase time slowly, and to keep icing and doing the exercise that my MD showed me. It's a work in progress.

So, I didn't run this week, though I was going to on Thursday.  I got home from climbing on Wed night (much improved night from the previous climbing night, and I flashed this climb that I just couldn't do when I went with the Meetup). Anyhow, I was making lunch for the next day and my mom called me saying "I think I'm having a heart attack, and I just don't think that I can take care of my cat any more. I think that you should come get her and take her to live with you." I was really alarmed because #1 - the heart attack and #2 - she called me and not one of my sisters.  So, I talked her into calling 911 and I wound up going to visit her in Schenectady (hence no running.)  Turns out it was gastritis, she's fine. Bad break up/stress/geriatric drama at the synagog and I don't think she's ever been dumped in her life. Anyhow, I talked her into keeping the cat for now (it's the ex's cat and my sister thinks she's worried he will get it back if something happens to her. Drama!) Frankly, I'm not to psyched about being a middle aged woman living alone in 500 square feet with 3 cats. It puts me in a category.

No comments:

Post a Comment