Friday, August 15, 2014

Broke the 9 minute mile!

For a full minute I ran faster than a 9 minute mile!  Go me.  I did the interval training on the treadmill at the gym again (gym still looks no different except that they are very slowly putting down a wood floor in one room).  I did a couple minutes to warm up then bumped it up to a 9 min 30 sec mile for 30 sec.  Then I went back down to 10 min 45 sec for a minute, then I alternated one minute faster, one minute slower.  My "slowers" stayed the same (10 min, 45 sec) but I kept going a little faster on each of the faster minutes.  Finally I was at almost a 9 minute mile - 9 min and 5 sec, and I was like "I can totally go faster."  So, I did a one minute interval at 8 minutes and 56 sec.  And it was ok.  I did a total of 10 minutes at 9 min 30 sec or faster, 3 miles in about 25 minutes (I was so focused on finishing the last of the fasts that I kind of missed it.

Tomorrow is my first Team in Training day.  Here are my hopes:
1 - I won't be the oldest person there.
2 - I won't be the slowest person there.
3 - I won't be the person who's raised the least money.

I would say it's possible that I'm feeling a tad insecure about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment