Thursday, July 17, 2014

July is hot

I gotta say I'm a little lame this month.  It's July 17, and this was my third run only.  In my defense, I went climbing both Sat and Sun last weekend, Saturday outside and Sunday inside.  And, Saturday I also paddle boarded for 45 min (and drove for 4 hours to get to the cliff and back) and Sunday I also did yoga and walked a mile.

Anyhow, enough of the excuses section of the blog.  It was a beautiful day out today, so I went to the free parking part of the Charles.  I managed to get into the very first parking lot without anyone killing me (I don't know why everyone is in such a hurry to merge over there, but it's nuts!).  I did what's now become my usual route, up the Boston side, across the Western Ave Bridge, and back on the Cambridge side.  I wound up doing a total of 3.19 miles in 33.19 minutes, which is a 10 min 26 sec mile.  I was actually feeling pretty good for most of the run, I thought I was going faster than that, so I was a little sad to find out it was just my regular pace.  Well, I haven't been running as much lately, and so I think I got a little tired at the end - so maybe I was moving faster for part of the run, then slower for part.

I did get stopped at the light crossing one of the bridges (which of course I enjoyed).  There was a bicycle cop with a Special Operations shirt on.  I mean, what kind of special ops guys are on bikes??

No comments:

Post a Comment