Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring, take 2

I don't want to jinx it, but I think spring is really on the way here now!  Today was sunny and beautiful (except for some of the day when it wasn't).  I got a little over excited and wore short sleeves and no jacket, but it wasn't that spring like.  But, I was able to go for an after work run on the Charles in my regular weight running tights.

It turns out that my new car really does have an alarm, because I set it off for the first time today when I got to the river!  I thought it was one of those "alarms" that's just a light blinking but nothing happens but nope, I have a real car alarm.  Does that make me a grown up?

I went to the easy-to-park area on the Charles, in Brighton by Harvard's athletic fields.  I ran to the third bridge and back, 3.5 miles.  At one point I was feeling a little crampy, but then it passed and everything was fine.  All and all, a good run!  Pretty fast for me, too, 34 min and 35 sec, which is less than a 10 minute mile!!  (9 min, 52 sec, so like my race pace).  I was feeling pretty good during the run, I hadn't eaten for a while, which I think always helps.  I did have the little bit of cramps, which got me mussing about how much I think about my bowels and the organs that must be jostling them around, and how I've never really spent that much time thinking about my internal organs before, and I really I was always good with that.  Which took up a surprising amount of the run.  At one point this kid wearing a Harvard t-shirt passed, running in the other direction, and he was moving so faaast!  Wow.

My newest idea is to run the Tufts 10K with Team in Training for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  It would be nice to raise a little fundage for cancer research and patient support, and I would meet other runners so hopefully I would have someone to train with, and hang with at the race.  So, my readers (ie Kit), be ready for the donation request this summer :)


2 comments:

  1. Eeep! I'm mentioned by name. You need more readers! I do read you all the time, but I should really comment more often - you still inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! No worries, I appreciate the reader. And the donation ;)

    ReplyDelete