Saturday, December 14, 2013

Run 100 Do-Over

Thursday I woke up at 3 am with the worst migraine ever.  Of course I have no land line, and I had left my phone in the car because there's a USB port there for charging (so cool, it's hidden, so no one can see if you leave your phone overnight).  Anyhow, I wound up having to knock on the door of one of my neighbors, and she immediately called 911.  So, I got my very first (and hopefully last) ride in an ambulance.  One of the things that was a little surreal was that they have this upstairs section of the ER, for people who don't need to be admitted but aren't ready to go home, and it overlooks the Charles River.  So, I could see where I had been running 12 hours earlier, but couldn't even imagine that I would ever be able to run again.  So, I didn't run this week because I was still kind of feeling like crap, and then I didn't want to push it.  I was all resigned to the fact that the race wouldn't be Run #100, and then I got an email yesterday that due to a storm that's coming in the race has been postponed a week!  So, back to my original game plan.  It's like fate.

It's really cold out today, definitely a gym day.  I did the usual 30 min of running, 5K, about 10 min 40 sec per mile for most of the run.  I started a little slow because I was all nervous still, but by the end I was doing fine and ran the last 3 minutes at a 10 min mile.  Then I went and picked up my race stuff, I'll be lucky #5973.  And yes, I lied about my age and weight - I'm really in the Fat Old Ladies category, but no way I'm putting that out there on the internet for the world to see!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - the ER! How scary. I'm glad you're better.

    ReplyDelete