Sunday, April 9, 2023

First Hike of the Year

Today my entire body hurts from parkour yesterday, but it was beautiful out so I really wanted to go for a hike. We still have my mom's stuff in a storage locker, though we are trying to clean it out. My brother, sister and I decided to meet there for a cleaning session. So, I went to the Blue Hills before - it's right in the neighborhood. 

I was going to do Great Blue, but I left a little late and didn't have time. So, I did Buck Hill instead. It's really a hill, just 436 feet, though with the ups and downs the hike had 489 feet of elevation gain. It was so nice to be out hiking, even though it was only 3.5 miles! There were a ton of people, though not too many when I got up the hill - I actually had the place to myself while I ate an orange and some pretzels with hummus. 


I definitely want to get out more this season - my goal is to do a pemi loop - I'm thinking a 3 day + loop, where I drive up and hike the 3 miles of flat to the handcock campground the first day, and then camp at Guyot, Garfield and Liberty Springs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment