Monday, March 13, 2023

Back to the Pool

Today I finally did some swimming at the Y again. It's been a while, but I was glad to find out that I can still swim :). I practiced my drills, especially bilateral breathing. It's still a work in progress. I'm getting better at the pulling thing - I was able to feel myself moving the water for some of the swim, and it definitely made me move faster. Also, it was a lot more work - so better exercise. The big problem is that I don't really swim straight when I do that and I bumped into the guy I was sharing a lane with.

Speaking of sharing lanes, the Y has a 3 lane pool. When I got there it was empty and I chose the center lane. And so did the fourth person. And then someone got out, and the guy I was sharing a lane with moved over there. And the fifth person chose the center lane too. Lesson learned. Go for the far lane if the pool is empty.

Tomorrow we are supposed to have our first Nor'easter of the winter. We just sprang forward - why couldn't it have been February?? And, no more skiing out of this storm - pretty sure my right toe nail is going to fall off after skiing yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment