Sunday, March 12, 2023

One More Ski Day

I put my skis away and was done for the season (twice, actually), but the weather was so nice and I didn't have anything important to do today, so I decided that I would do one final day of skiing. I was thinking about pat's peak, but their lift is so slow, so I decided to try crotched mountain again. I'd been there once, a couple of years ago, and remember it being fun but hard.

I invited my nephew to come along too, because he love skiing and apparently his ski-y friends have moved to silicone valley. I asked him to come to my place at 7:30 to leave, and then I would drop him off at home after. What I forgot was that we spang forward last night (something that I love, of course), but that meant we were really leaving at 6;30. So early! It was a good think I had already put the time out there, or I would have left later. 

We got there a little after 9, and I decided I could ski no more at about 3:15. I told my nephew I was fine with hanging out if he wanted to ski more, but he was ready to pack it in too. I did every green and blue at the place, and even a few segments of black! It was super fun. 

I stared with the greens, and felt a little awkward on them the first run. But then I got in my groove, and moved up to the blues. I was feeling pretty good about my curving and edging for most of the day. I feel like I'm getting the hang of having my lower body move while my upper body doesn't switch around. I also went down a few spots that were steeper, which was scary but successful. I kept just telling myself "the mountain isn't going to ski itself" and went for it.

After getting off the fast lift there is a little part that is pretty hard for me. I remember it from last time - eventually I gave up on the lift and took a slower one. This time, it was still difficult, but I did it a lot more times. By the end there were some mogels developing. Not easy at all for me, but I think a little better.

When I got home, I could barely get out of the car, my quads were so tight. I took a long bath and some advil, but I think they are going to be sore for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment