Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas

I was thinking about Chinese food and a movie for the day, but then I decided I really just wanted to make pancakes and binge Modern Family. And go swimming of course (and I did stairs and ran around a bit outside to get some aerobic exercise). And I'm glad I did! Today was day 34 of dipping in a row. The water is down to 37 degrees, air was about 20. I still stayed in for over 10 minutes! While we were swimming, the bald eagle flew over us really low, like he was just making sure we weren't good for dinner. After I was freezing - thank heaven for my heated gloves.

I'm on staycation for the week - so nice to chill and relax and not really have to do anything. I have a few projects - keep swimming (of course), I got a new puzzle, I have to take my car in (again, for heaven sake - it's like I hit 100K miles and it's falling apart), I'm going to sew a quilt for my new niece (so exciting!), do yoga, and maybe read a book.

Cold water swimming really is a bit of an addiction! It's such a rush, and it feels so great when I'm in the water - I love the feeling of my body being so cold as I bob around. We are still diving in off the dock, and I feel like I might be able to through the winter. I can't wait for there to be ice.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with some cat ladies to develop a plan for Tigger and her behavior problems. I hope they are able to help.

I realized recently that this blog is over 10 years old! Go me - even if I no longer run, it's still pretty great that I'm exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment