Tuesday, December 13, 2022

22 Days of Dipping, and still going!

After going swimming 7 days in a row, I decided to keep going and see how long a streak I could get. I'm up to 22 days after todays swim! Every time I think that I will let it go, I just can't. I wasn't going to go swimming today, but I took a personal day and decided that the weather was too nice to skip. It was 40 and sunny, and really nice out of the wind. I went by myself and just stayed in for 5 minutes. Water temp is about 41.

It's been so fun doing all these dips! I've gone with a bunch of different people. Sometimes a big group, sometimes just me. Once there were some guys fishing, and they didn't believe I was going to jump in until I did. Pretty much every day I dive in, which is awesome because the first time I decided to dive I got scared and jumped. But now it's no problem. So far, I don't feel any urge to gasp as I get in. I'm going to see how low a temp I can get to still diving. 

I've been doing this Lyme vaccine clinical trial (which, yay! about time they are developing a vaccine for Lyme.) I would pretty much go anywhere for the vaccine - it's so easy to get, and miserable to have. But, the amazing part is that they are paying me! I used money from my first visit to get heated gloves for post swimming. I had my second shot today, and I may use the money for heated socks. It's such a silly thing to spend so much money on, but I think it should be fun money. And I love those gloves.

We are starting to prepare for and think about the winter swim fest. It's going to be so cold! It will be another 10 degrees or so colder in the water, and probably even colder outside. Sometimes, I'm like "what was I thinking?" Other times, though, I think it's not that cold. When I'm swimming with other people I usually stay in for about 10 minutes. My hands and feet feel really cold - I did just get some thicker swim gloves, so they are less cold. Otherwise, though, I am cold but it's not unmanageable. I am going to look for some swim lessons and to improve my swimming skills, because I feel like I could do more with this. Maybe if I can get the swim speed up I could do an ice mile one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment