Wednesday, December 28, 2022

First Ski of the Season

I bought a five pack for Nashoba for the winter. I definitely wanted to get in a ski day this week while I'm on vacation, and today looked like the best day - it's been cold, but it's getting a little warmer and I figured the snow would melt. So, I made a 9 am reservation for skiing, and was the first one on the slopes!

There were initially only two trails open (plus the bunny slopes), but that was actually OK because there weren't that many people skiing. They had one blue and one black diamond. I spent most of the day on the blue, with a few on the black (Nashoba style black, which is to say, not really that steep. I worked on trying to keep my skis a little more together, bending my knees, making less wide s's, and trying to get comfortable with going a little faster. I think I made some progress. By the end of the four hours, I was feeling really comfortable on the blue, and going a bit faster. Still kind of nervous on the black - work in progress. 

Later I went for a swim. Today was day 37 in a row. The water is down to 36! It's not going to get too much colder. I stayed in for 10 minutes. There was a beautiful sunset, the clouds were all pink and swirly. It was so nice, even though I was kind of cold.

Yesterday we did a field trip to the ocean, to the beach at Pleasure Bay. The water was warmer - about 39. It was really great just floating around in the salt water. I felt so buoyant! People walking around were pretty impressed. Also, a friend of one of the swimmers is a coach, and she's going to give me some swim tips! Super excited because I've been looking for someone to give me pointers, and here she just fell into my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment