Sunday, March 7, 2021

Slowest at Sprints

 Today in parkour we ran sprints across the basketball court (the long way) and I was the slowest every time. >sigh< The only good thing about the exercise was that at the end we were supposed to do a "splat cat" on the wall/fence, which I couldn't do well, but enjoy saying. Splat cat. It's when you slow yourself down by jumping up and hitting the wall with your hands and feet instead of just slowing down. I wasn't really moving fast enough to need to slow down....

We did do some other really fun exercises that I want to remember and keep doing. First, we traversed along the side of the shipping containers. After planning out my steps, especially the last step - which was the hardest - I was able to go from 32 seconds to 20 seconds. Not bad. Also, we climbed a chain-link fence.  Which, surprisingly, I could do better than my classmates. The only thing is that it really hurts your hands and once you climb up, you have to get down somehow. I guess that's two things. But, definitely something to practice. The keys are that you should move opposite hand and foot instead of the same side at once, and that you don't need to reach super high, you can do smaller reaches.

Yesterday in parkour we did dashouts, which are really hard and I didn't think I would ever be able to do. Not that I can do them now, but coach told us to break it down into two steps - first jump up and land on the wall in a squat, then hands down and push off. Which I could sort of do. Also, we jumped over things, which I have a mental block about, but eventually managed to do a jump that everyone else did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment