Monday, February 8, 2021

First Day of PT Exercises

My new physical therapist did not approve of 20 minutes of squatting. I mean, I regretted telling her that I did that yesterday because the reaction was intense and time-consuming. She had some good points, I think she was right, and honestly it wasn't my favorite activity - except that I did prove to myself that I can do crow.

Anyhow, my first two PT exercises are:

  1. Bridge pose. Pressing my back flat on the ground then gradually rolling up to a point where my body is in a straight line. Then, slowly rolling down vertebrae by vertebrae. I've done bridge a million times before (always hated it) and I can now say conclusively that I was doing it wrong. Apparently, it's not about flinging your butt up as high and fast as possible, it's more subtle, and intense. I wonder if I do everything in yoga wrong? Later we will add in lifting one leg without dropping the hips and rolling down - which is hard.
  2. Leg lifts lying on my side. Like Jane Fonda, but smaller, smoother lifts where the range of movement is only about a foot. This works the spot on my leg where I have a hip dip that I hate so much. Then, the same thing with the bottom leg.
I'm to start slow and do each exercise once a day, 20 times. I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment